Your furry friend, Sasha-the dachshund, here. As promised from last week, we are answering this letter:
Dear Sasha, Why does my Chihuahua cairn mix like to go to bed very early and sleep very late- sometimes until noon? Do Chi's do this?Also, she eats basil and lemon mint, while my other doggies don't. I find this quite unusual. Is it because she likes spicy Mexican food?signedis my dog an alien in PA
Dear Is My Dog An Alien In PA,
Sasha, the little wiener dog here. I have a cousin that is a Chihuahua and she sleeps all the time except for when she is growling at me. Can I help that I like to stick my cold wet nose where it doesn't belong?
Oh, well. Basically, I know some dogs do sleep a lot. But, with us wienies we usually are only pretending to sleep. Once our humans are completely out (REM sleep is the best and my doxie mind control device tells me exactly when they are in REM sleep, too.) is when we dachshund's like to party. We have doggy poker games (I think you all have viewed the painting.), on-line dating (How I met my beloved Oscar from NJ.), wiener dog races, and of course cabinet climbing to get to the good treats the humans hide up high. Some humans think that crating us will keep us away from our nightly madness, but we have mastered crate escapes so well we think the humans shouldn't even bother.
As far as the spicy foods go, we dogs all have particular tastes for things. For instance, my big bro likes the new rabbit pellet like dog kibbles that Mommy brought home when the store was out of our brand. I personally think I rather eat worms. Really, the bigger and juicier the better. I miss my kibble and I make sure my Mommy knows it every time she puts the bowl down for me.
So, basically, I really don't think your dog is an alien. However, in the Dachshund Guide To Taking Over The World Edition Two, it does state ten potential signs that a fellow K9 might be from another planet.
1. The K9 is overly knowledgeable in technology. Can master internet, blogging, tweeting, on-line purchases of toys and treats, and still program a DVR.
2. The K9 is often spotted wearing a fish bowl on his/her head, as well as, carrying a ray gun in his/her paws.
3. The K9's fur or hair comes in designer colors such as neon green, purple, and glow in the dark.
4. The K9 starts to resemble a human way too much, and has poop that is almost bigger than itself.
5. The K9 may see certain city landmarks as chew toys.
6. The K9 often choices space themed bedding and collars.
7. The K9 has barked the words "Beam Me Up, Scotty!"
8. The K9 rides a motorcycle with a space ship side car.
9. All pugs who enjoy wearing snuggly alien head gear should be considered very suspicious .
10. The K9 has a stuffed alien Chihuahua that is both a chew toy and an alter ego to blame for any minor damage done to grass while practicing crop circle formations.
I hope this helps relieve your fears that your dog may be an alien. If not, then don't worry most alien dogs are only here for the bacon.
Your Friend In Fur,
Next Sunday we will be answering this letter and maybe a few more:
Whenever I lay on my back trying to cool off my under parts, my human has to come over and kiss my belly. Then she pulls all 4 of my feet one at a time making these silly noises. How do I get her to stop doing this?
annoyed and embarrassed
Please, e-mail your questions for Ask The Petsjubilee Pets to SassySashadoxie@yahoo.com. Also, please put APP in the subject of the letter.
Click on the picture below to get to a special treasury featuring ETSY alien doggy items.