Monday, April 9, 2012

Meet Jimmy the Quaker parrot


Hello all and Happy Tuesday, today I would like to introduce you to one of my
birs. Hes a Quaker parrot we adopted a couple of years ago named Jimmy.

He lives next to me by day at my side near the laptop so he always see's me when I'm
on it. Here he is being naughty trying to devour a felty in the making.

This next one is of me and Jimmy

he's only charming to me, he hates all male people and will attack so I have to be careful having him out with my other half and any male visitors.

I am so blessed he loves me enough to lay on his back in my hands like that. Most birds only do it when they trust you 100% its a real lot of work to get them to this stage of trust.

Jimmy has had at least three owners. That we know of. We believe he was hit with something as he is scared of sudden movements, he can be naughty with me and will bite but I must be getting used to them.



here is Jimmy eating oats, his favorite treat.
Jimmy is about five years old, a rescue bird from the same rescue shelter that Bert came from. He says Good boy, Good boy Jimbo, and barks like a dog, he also whistles like a love bird.
I hope you enjoyed meeting Jimmy,

5 comments:

HappyDapperDogs said...

Thanks for sharing Jimmy with us! I love the pic of him laying on his back for you. Should we call you Jess the bird whisperer?? ;0)

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Jimmy is so prettu, or should II say handsome What pretty greens.

Sinbad, my sun conure, also hated men, esp my husband, whom he would also attack. He was also very attached to me, and would let me turn him over onto his back onto my hand, but he didn't like to be petted.

Thanks for sharing Jimmy with us.

Three Wishes Collective said...

What a sweetie!!!

kc said...

jimmy is beautiful!

Art and Sew Forth said...

Lucky Jimmy! He is so pretty. And I can't believe he lies on his back like that! Most animals freak out at that. You must be doing something right!