Friday, March 16, 2012

True Story By Pauline's Hubby, Vern

BOZOS

I forgot to tell my wife this yesterday, and since she’s not home at the moment, I’ll email it her so I won’t forget.


Yesterday I went to the Fleetwood centre to work out. I went to the bathroom first (good idea) and noticed some unravelled toilet paper on the floor in the stall, but I kicked it out of my way and went about my business. Then I exited the washroom, turned up my headphone music player, and made my way past the main workout area, to the stretching chairs in the far corner, overlooking the pool. I was about 3/4 of the way there, with the mp3 player making me oblivious to everything around me, when a young lady jumped off her cycling machine, ran up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder (which scared the liver out of me), and then she pointed downwards behind me.


I was trailing about 4 feet of toilet paper behind me, stuck to the bottom of my running shoe. I got the giggles, picked it off, put it in the garbage, and looked around. Everybody was looking at me standing there grinning foolishly. Nobody was smiling. Nobody said a word.


What a bunch of bozos.


V
Pauline's (paulinesfashions) Hubby, Vern

3 comments:

Art and Sew Forth said...

Haha! I guess we all need a little humble pie every now and then!

makingstuffwithlove said...

That was so funny until I got to the part where no one laughed! I don't get it -- I was laughing at the picture in my head and they weren't even giggling a little, seeing it in person? Sounds like a pretty serious place :( Maybe they loosen up a little when you get to know them?

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Ha ha ha. I would be laughing my head off. So glad you shared this light-hearted and funny story.
And the heck with the rest of them. LOL