Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jake and the grooming problem


Dear Pets Jubilee Team,


My newest dog, Jake, the Yorkie, is scared to go to the groomer :( I've used the same groomer now for 22 years -- amazing, huh? I KNOW it is nothing she is doing. My other dog likes to go. I've sat through complete groomings at her shop more times than I can count. She is wonderful and takes such pride in her work -- in the quality of their hair and its cut, their nails, their ears. It's just Jake. He's a rescue and I imagine in my mind that he is afraid he is losing this home as he lost so many before. I feel so guilty now to have to take him. This has really gotten worse and he has even begun to hide under the couch when I get ready to go out, I guess in case he is about to be taken somewhere (the groomer's). My groomer would be so upset to know he doesn't like to come -- she is crazy about him, says he is so good for her. She would be crushed :( That just adds extra heartache to the situation. He goes every two weeks so he doesn't get too out of shape, and the sessions aren't very long at all. I am sure he isn't being mistreated, so that's not the problem. I don't really know what to do. It breaks my heart and I guess that this morning I will be dragging him out and taking him anyway.... Any advice would be so appreciated :)


Alice

1 comment:

Art and Sew Forth said...

I wish I had something great to say, but I don't. I will tweet it to see if I can send any help your way!