Here's some fun and perhaps unknown facts about dogs. If you have any tidbits to add, please list them in the comments!
- A dog's nose print is like a human finger print and can be used for identification
- An Australian Cattle Dog name Bluey is the oldest dog on record living 29 years and 5 months (160 years in dog years)
- 33% of people surveyed talk to their dogs, even leaving them voice messages on the machine
- A dog can bite 10 times before a human can respond. Never approach an agitated or strange dog
- Dogs have 3 eyelids. The third one is sometimes referred to as the haw and helps to protect and lubricate the eye
- There are over 18 muscles in a dogs ear contributing to their ability to locate and react to sound quickly
- It is estimated that there are over 400 million dogs worldwide with 58 million in the US
- Puppies are blind and deaf at birth
- Normal temperature for a dog is 101.2 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dalmatians are born all white and develop spots as they mature
Things your dog wants you to know
- They love you not because you feed them, but because you are part of their pack.
- They crave your companionship and attention and are grateful for the care you give them.
- One last thing...they wanted me to thank you for choosing them to be part of your family.
Adapted from http://geauganews.com/