Tuesday, November 30, 2010



DECEMBER 1st! Yipee!

In light of our recent conversation at the Petsjubilee Forum about Lucy and Linus, I thought it might be nice to let the Peanuts characters say a few of their own words about Christmas.

Since Etsy is bursting with holiday goodies, I’ve included a handful of appropriately themed artwork for you to enjoy!

24 Days until Christmas!





“I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?”
–Charlie Brown about not receiving any Christmas cards


“Get hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!”
–Lucy about being licked by Snoopy


“My own dog—gone commercial. I can’t stand it.”
–Charlie Brown, dismayed about Snoopy entering the “Lights and Display” contest


“Gee, do they still make wooden Christmas trees?”
–Linus


“Are you going to let all this beauty go to waste?”
–Lucy explaining why she should be the Christmas Queen in the play


"I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards, and decorating trees and all that, but I’m still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed.”
–Charlie Brown


“He never got his picture on bubble gum cards, did he?”
–Lucy explaining to Schroeder why Beethoven isn’t so great.


“Charlie Brown, you’re the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem.”
–Linus


Written by Patty from Catcalls and Dogbarks

6 comments:

Cody's Closet said...

This is fantastic! So nicely done!

Three Wishes Collective said...

Perfect! I love it!!! I still watch Charlie Brown's Christmas whenever I catch it on tv!

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

This was great Patty. Really cute items too. Thanks.
(I also enjoy the Charlie Brown holiday classics)

SassySashadoxie said...

Love the pics and the quotes. Now thinking about it, I think Charlie Brown had a classic case of depression most of the time. I wonder if the guy that wrote it had a day job in the mental health industry. heehee.

doodypops said...

I wonder sasha.
I think Lucy had Borderline personality disorder.

Also, They say Peppermint Patty was gay too BTW, maybe he was working on acceptance for lots of people

Pup Fan said...

I loooooove Snoopy - great post!