Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Poem for Rosie and Sparky


For Rosie and Sparky:

Recently two of my friends made a difficult decision. Due to illness they had to put their dogs to sleep and are now happily playing over the rainbow bridge and without any pain.

In honor of Rosie and Sparky, I would like to share this poem. I have a mug with this saying on it:

He is your friend, your partner,
your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true
to the last beat of his heart.
You owe him to be worthy of such devotion."

Unknown

I don’t mean to upset anyone but we will all face this at some time. May be take comfort in this poem and also we must be worthy of such devotion.
-----------------
I have been filling in for the month of September on the blog. I am now relinquishing my role back to Patty. Thank you.

Annie

AnnieKDesigns.etsy.com

AnnieKClothing.etsy.com

CodysCloset.etsy.com

CodysCloset.blogspot.com

bay176@yahoo.com

11 comments:

HappyDapperDogs said...

I too have that poem on a picture I made for my sister. That's a great picture of the Rainbow bridge. Yes, someday we all must cross it. Thanks for guest blogging, I've enjoyed your posts.

Cody's Closet said...

Awesome picture. Thanks so much for posting my blogs Athena. I couldn't have done it without out.

Thank you Tammy.

Pauline said...

Beautiful Picture! Rainbows are one of my favorites. Such a nice way to remember our pets

L. Carol Christopher said...

Annie, thanks for the poem and for all the belly rubs Cody and Copper unfailingly sent Rosie's way.

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Annie, I love that picture and I love that poem. This was a good post. Thank you.
Yes, we must all come to this at some point. The love we share with our pets makes it all worth while. We are all better people for it.

I have enjoyed your posts.
Diana

Yolanda M. said...

Thank you so much Annie. Beautiful poem and first time I read it. I will keep in faves to continue coming back to it.

Sparky is surely missed and we are still aching for her. Time will bring us healing in knowing that Rosie and Sparky are happy playing with our other pets who have gone before them.

makingstuffwithlove said...

Annie, you did a great job of easing this upsetting situation. That is a lovely poem, first time I've seen it too. We've enjoyed your posts so much!

AngelPups said...

Annie~ this is a wonderful post, if when it's painful, it's also so comforting. You've done a fantastic job!!

Art and Sew Forth said...

Love does not exist without an equal amount of heartache. You just can't have one without the other. But it is soooo worth it!

aubepine said...

Lovely poem and picture... thanks Annie.

Unknown said...

Annie-such a lovely poem & I love the picture. As much as we dont want to think about our pets going to the rainbow bridge, its something that will eventually happen :0( So sorry to hear about your friends' doggies. My thought & prayers go out to them.