Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25th is

National Tap Dance Day!

This day was created in honor of the birthday of legendary tap dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson on May 25, 1878. This special day is the result of  the US Joint Resolution declaring May 25th National Tap Dance Day. President George Bush signed it into law as a national day on November 7, 1989.

Perhaps the PJ Team should take up a new summer endeavor - Tap Dancing! 
We could call ourselves the PJ Tappers and travel through all the outdoor show events across our states. I'm sure our performances would attract a huge gathering, and after we did our little jig they would all buy our handmade goodies. Oh what fun! 

So.....Get on your shoes!



And don that dancing attire!

 



and join Shirley in watching the best tapper of all time! 





Happy Tap Dancing Day! May you be 'in step' in all you do today! 

Patty from Catcalls 

1 comment:

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Loved this. I love tap and all forms of dancing. Loved the video.
I took up tap dancing when I was just a wee tot. LOL Loved my tap shoes. My dad made me a special metal case for them, and I still remember just what the case looked like, and how I really loved that case. :-)