Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adventures In Cat Dog Sitting

Maddie, the Chihuahua that thinks she is a cat, has been staying with us for two weeks while her mom was on vacation. It has been adventure for all of us.



At first, she didn't like going potty outside. She was use to potty pads at her place.



But, as long as nothing strange happened like wind blowing, birds flying, squirrels chattering, bees buzzing, flapping neighbor's tarp, wind chimes chiming, train horn blowing, air plane flying over, garbage can shadow in her path....., she figured it was safe to explore and have a good roll.





Then, she discovered the toys. We have toys of all kinds and shapes and sizes. But, you know this cat dog had to have the Jumbo bone from Diana's StylinDogsBoutique. Sorry, that this picture is showing that the bone has been well loved and a bit dirty.




The last night I actually got a couple pictures of all three dogs sitting together.


She is back with her mommy and kitty brother now. Her having to be a dog days are behind her for awhile.


However, I am sure there will be many more how to be a dog lessons in the future for this cat dog Chihuahua here with us.


5 comments:

Pauline said...

Loved reading this account of the 'cat dog' - so funny - she's a cutie and I loved your description of how she had to get past the garbage can shadow, the train whistle, etc. etc.

I think the 3 of them are very happy together....Sasha and Charlie miss her already, I think :)

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Love the pictures - that first picture of just her face is awesome. I am so happy that you are trurning Maddie into a dog again. LOL Sasha must be feeling a bit better about her visits now too. Awesome how you got that picture of the 3 of them together.

makingstuffwithlove said...

This is so great! I sat here and just laughed lol Wonderful! I'm sorry now that the cat-dog is gone. I love hearing the stories of her! She is really behaving like a little dog -- rolling and playing with toys. Job well done, Sasha!

Three Wishes Collective said...

that first picture is so great! they all are but that one is my favorite. Such a great account of her visit. I'll look forward to her coming again :)

HappyDapperDogs said...

Oh my gooness, Athena, her mom must be so happy you've taken such good care of her baby. I love all the pictures and especially the 1st close up (good one to frame for her Mommy). And sweet Sasha survived another dog/cat visit!!