Tuesday, May 15, 2012

colorful birds

Hi all and happy Tuesday these are pictures of some Australian native birds that we keep in our avieries, these are not my pictures they are courtesy of google search however I do keep these species I ran out of time to take decent photos so bare with me. Yellow Turquoise Parrot
White Fonted Blue Scalet Chested Parrot
Mulga parrot
Yellow Rosella's
Being Australian native I have a basic wildlife liscence that allows me to keep these birds in aviaries. The mulgas and the scarlets are my personal favorites. Let me know what you like!

3 comments:

Art and Sew Forth said...

Oh my - I don't know if I could say what is my favorite. They are beautiful! I didn't know you had a license. What a beautiful hobby! Someday perhaps a recording of their chirps could be posted!

makingstuffwithlove said...

This was so interesting, Jess! I couldn't pick a favorite either, but am envious of you lol I would LOVE to have an aviary! I bet you do have lovely chirpings in the morning with all these gorgeous creatures in your backyard :) Thanks for sharing!

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

I also would love to have an aviary. That is awesome that you do and that you have a license.
I love all birds, and these are just beauties.
The yellow turquoise parrot reminds me of the little parrottlets. So adorable. My favorite is probably that one, but I also love the yellow rosellas.
Being in the aviary are any of them friendly with you?