Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I was looking for a picture to communicate putting 2011 behind me and that would also express my hope for the upcoming year. I came across the photo above and thought it was absolutely perfect. The editorial that went with the photo spoke to me, also, as a wonderful approach to dealing with the old and looking forward to the new. Please take a minute to read it by clicking here.

Our team members have had their share of ups and downs this past year, but I think we have all become so much closer as a result. I, for one, lost my husband of 25 years to colon cancer on Valentine's Day. Its been a struggle, its been devastating and unbearable at times, but with the help and support of my family and my friends on PetsJubilee, and elsewhere, I've managed to survive the last 11 months and become a little bit stronger over time. My husband always liked to say, "what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger", and I try to look at the difficult times like hurdles to be dealt with and conquered. I try to find the silver lining in all things and believe that everything happens for a reason. I'm a glass half full type of person. I pray everyday and give thanks for all that I have in my life. Being this type of person allows me to embrace the New Year and grow stronger and wiser from the lessons learned during the old year. So,
goodbye 2011
hello 2012
Please share whatever you would like in the comments below. Talk about the old year and/or the new year; what's happened in your life and what you're looking forward to.

Shari
PetsJubilee
Ciaohound

I hope everyone had a glorious Christmas:



No comments: