Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where Did My Dog Go?




I recently had a horrifying experience. I came home late one evening and find my dogs gone! The gate was left open and they roamed the neighborhood for almost 2 hours. I will tell you the ending first – they are both safe and sound. There’s nothing worse than driving around in the evening calling for your dogs and thinking you are not going to find them or even a worse possibility.

My Springer is adorable, loving and everyone falls in love with him. If someone found him, they would never give him back. Cody is bigger and stronger and not everyone wants a big dog but he is a looker.

My dogs each have a microchip for my local shelter. They are both licensed and have name tags with all my phone numbers and address just in case.

During this frantic time, I called the non-emergency police phone number just in case they had been contacted; learned I had to wait until 7:30 the next morning to contact Animal Control.

My heart about fell out of my chest when I saw them running down the street at a full run and I believe they were heading home. They jumped in my truck and all is well.

My point is do you have a plan if your dogs are lost? The name tags cost less than $20 and their licenses were $20 each. Not every dog needs a microchip but they do need a name tag. They are simply too precious to lose.

I thanked God many times for the safe return of both my boys!



Annie, Cody and Copper



AnnieKDesigns.etsy.com


AnnieKClothing.etsy.com


CodysCloset.etsy.com



http://www.handmadeincalifornia.net

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh Annie - I am so glad and thankful for the happy ending that we read at the beginning. God loves the creatures he made for us to enjoy. Happy that they are back with you again never to stray again!! Good post :)

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Annie, this really was a good post, and also very well said. And I even oven love that you put the ending at the beginning, so thoughtful of you to us readers.
So so happy you found them, and also that they were "big" enough to be running home. Love the happy ending.

makingstuffwithlove said...

I am relieved beyond words that this accident didn't end in disaster! I thank you too for giving us the good news to begin with so we could concentrate on the message :) Such excellent advice from start to finish. We can't be reminded enough of how important pet identification is!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Thank goodness!