Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Origins of Dog Breeds

I have Germany on the brain since our Pets Jubilee team leader is going there next month. I became curious about dog breeds originating from that country, but after looking, I found other interesting breeds from other countries as well.  I picked out a few that I was not familiar with to SHOW their picture and TELL their country of origin. Do you recognize any? Do you know where your dog originated from? 




Africanis from Africa



Canaan Dog from Israel



Formosan Mountain Dog from Thailand



Saluki from Egypt 



Jindo from Korea



Mudi from Hungary

 This site lists dozens and dozens of breeds, most with photos. It's pretty interesting! 


By Patty from Dogbarks

3 comments:

Unknown said...

such pretty doggies

Three Wishes Collective said...

those are all so interesting. I've never seen any like those. Very beautiful dogs. Thank you for doing this :)

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

This was a great post. There are so many cool breeds that we have never seen.
To answer your question - I have 2 Mi-Ki's. They originate from Japan.