Thursday, September 1, 2011

Interesting Dog Facts: The End

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.

About 75 million dogs are owned in the United States.

Barbara Bush's book about her English Springer Spaniel, Millie's book, was on the bestseller list for 29 weeks. Millie was the most popular "First Dog" in history.

The Canary Islands were not named for a bird called a canary. They were named after a breed of large dogs. The Latin name was Canariae insulae - "Island of Dogs."

Dogs were the first animals domesticated by people.

The dog name “Fido” is from Latin and means “fidelity.”

Most pet owners (94%) say their pet makes them smile more than once a day.
 

Alice England
Makingstuffwithlove




(Made you smile, didn't I?)

2 comments:

Three Wishes Collective said...

definitely made me smile. Velvet makes me smile all the time; I don't know what I'd do without her :)

Very interesting facts - especially about the Canary Islands.

PaniEva said...

My greyhounds not only make me smile, they make me laugh quite a lot. They make me frustrated on occasion as well, but usually one look at their faces gets me back to laughing :)