Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bark-B-Q Home Made Treats




Pet stores are full of dog treats. But did you know that you can make your own healthy dog treats at home? Here is a dog treat recipes to help you find a way to your dog's heart: 

Bark-B-Q

• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup white flour
• 1/2 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 cup wheat germ
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup water


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix barbeque sauce, honey, oil, egg, water. Add to dry ingredients. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 F. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.


Alice England
Makingstuffwithlove.etsy.com

3 comments:

Art and Sew Forth said...

I'm sending this my DIL who loves to bake baby cookies for Arlis and would probably like to try these instead of buying them for her two large dogs!

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

I'd love to try this. I don;t cook, so won't my hubby be impressed if I made the dogs some treats.
Very cool!!

AnnieKDesigns said...

I think the BBQ sauce would be too spicy for Cody's tummy. A little concerned about garlic and onions in it as well.